Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 5 Pumpkin Donuts

Yes, pumpkin donuts. Now I have never made donuts of any kind so I was a little nervous about this one. I saw the pictures and wanted to take the challenge. I had told my students about my crazy pumpkin challenge after reading my favorite fall book, Too Many Pumpkins. So of them ask each day to see what I tried. I promised them that if they turned out I would bring them to class for "Muffin Club."
That was the first questions they asked when I picked them up..."Did you bring the donuts?"

First you make the dough and cut out the donuts. I couldn't find a donut cutter in the local stores so I used a biscuit cutter and a melon baller to cut them out. It worked! See Charlie is "helping" again.


Then you fry them. It doesn't take long for each one. I used a electric cooker because it would regulate the temperature for me. It is very important to keep the temperature steady.


Charlie and Ruth Ann inspecting the finished donuts and donut holes.
 I did not frost them. I just added powder sugar. Perfect!



I used a recipe I found at

I think it is definitely a recipe that would improve with practice. Not sure that's going happen.

And yes, I gave them to my students and they loved them!! They tasted a lot like funnel cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment