Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 3 Pumpkin cupcakes

I had a little more time and energy on day 3 to make something I liked. I make pumpkin bread and mini-muffins every fall. It's one of my favorite fall treats. This time I added cream cheese icing to some. You can see Charlie is helping again. He didn't get to taste any even a lick, but he liked the smell.

I was able to share these the next night with my friends and students at Liberty Street. It is a bible club for students we have each week. We had about 50 students that week. The kids and adult alike indulged in this tasty treat. We had some left over to snack on for days. The mini-muffins are great for breakfast, with or without the icing.

On the way to club, my roommate, Ruth Ann, was already feeling a bit like she was sacrificing since she saw the big plate of cupcakes leaving the house. She consoled herself outloud with the idea "that at least we have the ones in the bag at home." No, Ruth Ann, sorry, I brought those for the workers. Wow! So she was a disappointed, but it worked out for her and the others because we got to take some home anyway!

I used, my girl, Betty Crocker's pumpkin bread recipe. Then I added store bought icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment