Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 1: Rice Krispie Treats

On Oct 1, I was involved in coordinating the CEF dinner for about 50 people. I waited until that night afterward to cook my first treat. I wanted to do the challenge, but I didn't want it to take long on Day 1. That is the reason for my choice. On the list was Pumpkin rice krispie treats. I was going to add pumpkin to the marshmellow, but that day walking down an aisle at Wal-Mart, I spied some Pumpkin Spice Marshmellow. Much easier...I followed the recipe on the Rice Krispies box.
In less than 15 minutes, I had a tray of pumpkin rice krispie treats. I was so tired I didn't even try them until the next day. Charlie joined me for this endeavor, he loves to "help" me cook.

 I was able to put them on a nice tray and take them to the our church picnic to share. Another important part of the challenge...to give away much of the food so I don't gain any weight.
Thankfully, people have been very generous in obliging me and eating the treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment