Thursday, January 10, 2013

Peppermint Bark Smores


Peppermint Bark Smores

(This is a Lislestyle original!)

Someone gave me some Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark for Christmas. As I was getting smore supplies out for a New Year's Eve party, I had an idea!

What if instead of Hershey's chocolate bars, one used Peppermint Bark?

It brings a holiday twist to a traditional smore and gives another method for consuming all the chocolates from the holidays. As a teacher, I get a lot of candy.

For this recipe, I bought Chocolate graham crackers. 
I thought it would be a better flavor combination than with original graham crackers. 
My favorite brand is Kroger store brand because they tend to break less. 

You can even try a regular Smore combo with chocolate graham cracker for a twist. 

Add a piece of peppermint bark 



Toast the marshmallow
Over a FIRE - My favorite way to toast a marshmallow, of course.
OVEN - Toast it on broil until desired color and flavor.
MICROWAVE - In my microwave, it's 13 seconds for a perfect Smore.


Add candy canes.

Enjoy!



Other Lislestyle ideas for smores:
*use chocolate or cinnamon graham crackers
*use cookies instead of Graham crackers
*add pretzels
*use Reese's peanut butter cups
*make miniature smores with golden graham cereal and mini marshmallows
*Look for the jumbo size marshmallows...they're huge!
Don't have a fire, but still want a melted smore?
Build your smore, put it on a napkin or plate and microwave for 13 seconds.
(Play with your microwave to get the perfect time)
Don't be frightened the first time you do this. The marshmallow will swell to several times its normal size. That's part of the magic!
What ideas do you have? What other variations have you tried?


Marshmallows usually come in three sizes: miniature, regular, and jumbo. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word! That looks amazing. Lara's just gotten into roasting marshmallows with Flynn over the stove, so she will love this...

    p.s. I bet I know whose mouth that is in the picture...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sure you know who it is. Try different variations! I really like using chocolate graham crackers and just a marshmallow too. Let me know what you think! Even post a pic of your own creation!

    ReplyDelete