Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blackberry Cobbler

Blackberry Cobbler
 
 
In the freezer, I discovered a bag of blackberries that I picked this summer. In preparing for a New Year's Eve party, I decided to make blackberry cobbler, possibly the world's best dessert!
 
I got this recipe from my neighbor a couple of years ago after she surprised me with a blackberry cobbler with fresh berries. It is really simple and mouth-watering good!
 
Recipe:
Fruit cobbler from Mary Z.
1/2-3/4 cup      butter
1 cup                flour
11/2 tsp            baking powder
1/2 tsp              salt
1 cup                sugar
3/4 cup             milk
4 cups              canned or fresh fruit
3/4 cup            sugar
2 tsp                cinnamon
 
1. Melt butter in a 8 x 12 or 9 x 12 glass dish or 2 quart casserole dish.
2. Mix next 5 ingredients and pour over butter.
3. Put fruit on top.
4. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
5. Bake 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
 
 
Lislestyle:
*I like to make individual cobbler in a set of bakeware I got as a gift. It's fun for each person to have their own. If you are eating leftovers it hold it's shape instead of spreading to fill the pan. The crust doesn't get soggy and the berries and crust are more evenly distributed. Try it! Of course, it's best served hot topped with vanilla ice cream!
*If you opt to use frozen fruit like I did, you don't have to thaw it first.
 
 
Step 2: Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and milk.

I used whole wheat flour this time. It seemed to work okay but the crust is brown instead of white.
 
 
 Step 3: Top with fruit...you can use any fruit...my favorite is blackberries.
 
 
Step 4: Top with sugar and cinnamon

 Take it out bubbling! It smells delicious!



Serve it hot with ice cream on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment